I took the Mustang out today and had it washed and then put it back in the garage. While I was driving to the car wash I remembered the day I brought it home. (Sounds like I am talking about a baby.) It was April 15, 2003. So my baby is about 8 years old!
I remember the day very well because it was about 80 degrees and I could drive home with the top down. Then I probably had to wait a month or more for more nice days but it was well worth the wait.
I think I appreciate this car so much because I waited a long time to get the car of my "dreams". After driving a minivan and SUV with kids in the back all the time I finally had a car of my own!
Eight years is a long time. This is what has happened in our family since 2003:
Meghan got her Masters Degree, got married and has had 3 children.
Kirsten graduated from college and grad school, got married and will have her second baby in about 7 weeks.
Warren graduated high school, college and is in law school.
Got our dog, Cubby!
Cubs still have not won the world series!
I can't wait for some more warm weather so I can drive around town in my favorite toy!
I do love my Mustang!

Sorry you haven't gotten your dream of the cubs winning the World Series, but happy you have the dream of your mustang convertible - I'm hoping things work out where I can drive it this summer!
ReplyDelete