Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Change

As I watched while holding my breath last night during the election results I was saddened.  My country that I love is not the same as I believed it would always be.  It felt kind of like when you realize there is no Santa.  You can not change it.  You have to accept it.  But right now I can not do that.  I have a picture in my head of an America of yesterday!  Strong morals, work ethic, family, church.  That is gone and it saddens me.

One tv anchor said the Republican Party needs to get a more conservative candidate and I thought are you crazy.  The majority of the country does not like being conservative.  Mitt Romney was a pretty middle of the road guy and he could not win.  By the way after listening to him for the last few months and his lovely wife Ann I really thought he would make a great president and get this country going again.

I say to myself am I missing something:

Almost 8% unemployment
16 Trillion dollars in debt
Almost 50% of the people on some sort of government help
Our religious freedoms being challenged


How could people think we are going in the right direction, but it happened.

I could say many things about why I think people voted for a president who has not done a good job and I think has divided this country even more with his language but I will offend many people I care about.

So what do I do, I pick myself up and go on.  I will accept that the majority of people have spoken and go about my day and do like I have always done try to be the best wife, mother, grandmother, sister and friend that I know God made me to be.

By the way, I do not believe President Obama is a bad person.  I do believe that he has a different agenda for the country than I do.

I can accept change, but I do not have to change with it!  I will always be a person who has traditional values!

God Bless our Great Nation!

2 comments:

  1. You're a great mama and bamma! The individuals are what make this a great country, and thankfully most of the individuals I know are great - so that gives me hope even if the governments wrong direction doesn't

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I so agree and was so sad that the condition of our country was not enough to bring change......Grateful God is ever present in these unpredictable times. Xo

    ReplyDelete