Sunday, January 30, 2011

Out with the old....

Out with the old and in with the new!  That is what happened in our house yesterday.

We finally broke down and bought a flat screen, HD, 3D, LED,  55" TV.  Oh and a Blue Ray Player with that.  Being the Tech nerd that I am, I have no idea what Blue Ray means, but it does look nice.  I had to go out and buy 2 movies on Blue Ray.

We have had our old TV for over 10 years.  It was a great TV.  I can remember the day we got it.  We all huddled around and were so impressed.  At that time there were no channels in HD.  I used to ask myself:  Why do we have a HD TV when there are no HD channels available?  Well soon enough they started broadcasting  in HD so it was nice to be able to just get a new cable box and be HD ready!

Now we are 3D ready, even though there really isn't much broadcast in 3D and we do not even have the glasses.  But the TV has a great picture and it is nice not to have that big rear projection TV in the family room.

Out with the old:

In with the new:

I am glad that as we age we are not replaced with newer models:)

Anyone interested in our old rear projection 55" wide screen HD TV let me know. I have a deal for you!!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment