Saturday, March 5, 2011

Date Night

Mick and I went to see a movie last night.  It was the new Matt Damon movie "Adjustment Bureau".  We compromised on this movie because it has a love story and some suspense/sci-fi/have to figure things out kind of movie.  (I would prefer just the love story, but marriage is about compromise.)

We got to the show about a half hour early.  That is just like us.  We are usually early.  We had to wait until just before the movie started to get our popcorn (minus the butter/oil) or else it would have been gone before the movie started.

As I was sitting there I was thinking about some of the first movies we had seen in our early years of dating/marriage.  The first one we saw, Mick picked out and I can not even remember the name. (I think it was a war movie.   I do not think he scored any points on that date, but I was already smitten so the movie was not important.) We saw it at a theatre in Palatine that is closed now.

The movie I remember the most after we first were married was the original Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis.  I was scared to death.  Mick used to make fun of me because I would keep my eyes covered  through all of the scary parts.  Needless to say I did not see much of that movie.  We saw that movie at the theatre in downtown Libertyville.  I think it cost $1.  We went with our close friends Jeff and Dawn Schad.   We went to Baker's Square afterwards for pie.  Oh those were the days when you could eat a bucket of popcorn and have pie in one night!

We do not go to many movies, but it is fun to have a "date night" with my husband.  It's fun to stroll down memory lane and realize I am so blessed to still be madly in love with Mick after so many years.

Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment