Sunday, February 27, 2011

Remembering Sundays Past

Today we started to get the Chicago Tribune delivered to our house 4 days a week.  It includes the Sunday paper.  I have not read the Tribune since we moved out to the Rockford area 21 years ago.

We cancelled the local Rockford paper, because we didn't really read it.  Without kids in sports anymore we didn't need it.  We got a good deal on The Chicago Trib so we thought we would give a try for a change.

This morning was our first paper and all the memories came flooding back.

Late 70's when Mick and I lived in Round Lake we would go into town (near Ace Hardware) pick up a Sunday Trib and Swedish Flop Coffee Cake.  There was a bakery next to Ace Hardware (I can not remember the name of the bakery) and we would pick up this amazing coffee cake.

We would go home put on the coffee, have the Swedish Flop and read the Tribune.

I am reading the Tribune this morning with my coffee, but I can not find the Swedish Flop.  It was a coffee cake with a streusell topping and a cream filling.  Would love to try it again and see if it is as good as I remember or is it one of those times when you think things were better than they really were.

I sure would like to try!!  But my waistline says stay away from the Swedish Flop.

Cindy


PS  We go to church on Saturday afternoon.  Just in case you were wondering.  We love that our church has a 4p.m. and 6p.m. service on Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment