Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Winning! Is it everything?

I was watching the new Tiger Woods ad for Nike and it kind of rubbed me the wrong way.  They are implying that because he is winning now, it erases all the mistakes of his past.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2013/03/26/nike-tiger-woods-ad-too-edgy/2023163/

Hey I am all for forgiveness and redemption, but to imply that by winning some tournaments it washes away all the bad things he did in the past is crazy, but on the other hand maybe as a society we do forgive and forget just because someone is so good at something.

I wish Tiger well and hope he finds peace and moves forward in a positive way, but to say just winning a tournament makes everything better is just plain nuts.

Maybe Nike should have asked his ex-wife and children if they have gotten past all the hurt Tiger caused.  But then again maybe I am in the minority and in today's world winning is everything!

Cindy

Disclosure:  Trust me I love to win and to follow a winning team, but it shouldn't be a free pass for all your past mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I so agree as we are becoming numb to what matters in the world in favor of what others say matters. The compass seems to be broken. Thanks for saying it!!

    ReplyDelete