Today is Veteran's Day. It is a day we thank and honor all the men and women who have served our country or are serving at this very moment.
My father Loren (Bud) Edmunds was one of those men. He had to leave his wife and 2 small boys to head off to war in the 1940's. He got lucky and was assigned to do office work (because he new how to type) under General MacArthur in the Philippines.
For as long as I can remember my father would not eat rice or fish, he had a little too much of it in the war. He never really talked much about it, but I can imagine it was very difficult. It was not only difficult on my father, but I am sure my mother had a hard time being alone with my brothers.
Mick's father served in WWII along with Mick's Uncle George, Great Nephew Justin is home from Iraq, friend of the family Mark who is in Iraq right now.
I am so thankful for the freedoms that we have because of these brave men and women.
I will pray today for safe return of all the men and women who are in harms way.
THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU!

No comments:
Post a Comment