Friday, February 18, 2011

Grand Parenting .....

Mick and I had the pleasure of having Caleb and Meredith for a couple of days, just to give Meghan and Kris a couple of days off.  They still had Shane, but as long as he is fed and diapered he is not to much work.

Thursday while Meredith napped Caleb played outside for a little while and then we came in and watched Toy Story 2 finishing up after dinner with Grandpa.  We made our own pizzas for dinner and Caleb got his little frozen fruit juice bar for dessert.


Today, we had our usual breakfast of French Toast. (It's requested when Caleb comes to grandmas). We took a trip to WalMart.  I mean there is not a lot to do in Roscoe.  WalMart is the big outing.  We picked up some more bananas and milk.  We picked out a new DVD, Finding Nemo.  We came home had a lunch "picnic" in the family room and started to watch Finding Nemo.  We got a little bit into the movie and Caleb was a little scared of the Shark.  He did not want to watch anymore so we settled on Toy Story 2 again.

Meredith took an afternoon nap, but Caleb tried and tried but could not fall asleep so he came down and rested on the couch for awhile.

Our big outing came when we met Grandpa at Peak Sports Center.  We belong to the health club there and they have an indoor pool with a little slide.

Meredith loved it from the get go, but Caleb was a little hesitant at first.  After Caleb went down the little slide for the first time he was hooked and did not want to come out.  Mick and I fun with them and we were as exhausted as they were when we got home.


Grandpa picked up Culvers for dinner!  Then it was time for bed.  We have not heard a peep out of either one of them.  



I will give them back to their parents tomorrow morning.  Grandpa and I had so much fun, but I think we need a vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment