Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Learning....

During my class this morning "Discerning The Voice of God"  at Heartland Community Church.  Once again I felt like the speaker (Priscilla Shirer) was speaking right to me.

I had trouble sleeping last night worrying about things (As only a mom can do).  I feel a little helpless not knowing how to help with things going on in my family.  I feel like I have been praying and God is not hearing me or answering me.

The message today was that when the Spirit reveals God's plans to us, it might not be the whole plan at once.  We have to wait to find out the rest of His plans.

John 16:12(NIV): I have much more to say to you, more than you can now hear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth.  He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

So the Spirit will tell you what God wants you to know and it might be a slow process and not all at once.

I feel like we need to know answers ASAP about the future, but God is revealing small pieces even though He knows the ultimate outcome.

Just writing down my thoughts so hopefully it makes sense!


Cindy

2 comments:

  1. It does make sense! I think I could benefit from that class as well.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I am feeling anxious or worried, I recite the serenity prayer over and over....my favorite line in the prayer is "the wisdom to know the difference". Some things we just don't have any control over, but the things we do, we can change....now the wisdom comes in when we have to sort out what we can and can't change....anyway...this reliefs the anxiety and calms me. Another thing that I try to do is to live in the moment and not think of the future or the past just live second to second, minute to minute, hour to hour....if I concentrate too much on the unknown, I would miss the moment!

    ReplyDelete